When selecting a hardwood floor for your home or place of business perhaps the last word that individuals want to hear is the term “engineered”. Often associated with lesser quality material, the term “engineered” immediately sets off alarms of would be potential purchasers of engineered wood floors shutting off all further communication and explanation of the numerous benefits offered by engineered flooring.
The term “engineered” only implies how the flooring The Case for Carpet: Is Carpet the Right Choice for Your Home? Banks OR 97106 material is made as is of little consequence to the overall brilliance, dependability and affordability that engineered flooring is noted for. Ranked as one of the top choices of all available wood flooring materials, engineered wood floors continue to excel in performance with lasting quality that supports the composition of all engineered wood floors.
Depending on grade selected, engineered floors are comprised of multiple layers of either high density particle Banks OR 97106 board (HDF) or multiple density particle board (MDF), which gives engineered floor superior strength and rigidity. Glued together in a cross-pattern format under extreme pressure and heat, engineered wood floors will not buckle, gap, cut or twist. The top, visible layers of engineered flooring are crafted from the finest Northern veneers and available in a variety of colors and finishes to coincide with all present interior décor and individual Laminate Wood Flooring - Some Fake Materials Look More Natural Banks OR 97106 specifications. Grades of engineered flooring are often determined by layers of either MDF or HDF, with the higher or increased number of layers and overall thickness resulting in higher costs per square foot.
Associated costs for engineered floors are based on the lamella, or top visible layer, with exotic woods costing considerably more per square foot. With 3-ply (layer) construction, ¼” in thickness, engineered wood floors average approximately $3-$5.00 per Banks OR 97106 square foot. With increased density to 5-ply (layer) construction, the cost per square foot ranges from $6-$9.00 per square foot. Top-of-the-line construction of engineered wood floors is the 7-ply (layer) ¾”construction ranging from $10-14$ per square foot. Overall pricing per square foot increases substantially in the selection of a lamella, finished layer, for hand-scraped and other exotic wood species.
Designed from an environmentally responsible standpoint, engineered wood floors are the Banks OR 97106 latest in “green development” respecting the environment, with the production of an “eco-friendly” flooring material by:
• Using only half as many trees as solid wood floors
• Providing a faster, renewable wood for inner layers
• Less mills wastes and pollution omitted into the atmosphere
• Comprised of only water-based finishes protecting rivers and streams
• Using a formaldehyde free adhesive bonding inner layers that exceeds even the most Banks OR 97106 rigid air quality standards
With millions of dollars spent annually by engineered flooring manufacturers to safe guard the environment, engineered wood floors remain competitively priced with distinct advantages over traditional solid hardwood flooring applications and installations which include:
• Lamella, top finished layer, available in dozens of wood species
• Applied surface effects can be applied to further enhance overall appearance
• Factory finishes often out-last site-applied finishes on solid hardwood Banks OR 97106 floors
• No drying time for finishes due to prefinished surfaces
• May be installed in basements directly over concrete slabs
• Installation is quick and easy requiring basic installation tool knowledge
• May be refinished to repair wear and tear depending on thickness selected
• Core layer contracts and expands in all weather conditions
• May be removed and reinstalled at other locations
With beauty, integrity and overall value, Banks OR 97106 engineered floors add significant value to all homes and places of business. To date, these floors continue to increase in popularity with millions of homes and businesses nationwide, having installed engineered floors. Where affordability and practical uses applications are of foremost importance, engineered floors continue to reflect the beauty of manufactured inspirations.