A lot of customers and service providers ask what are the average prices for stripping and waxing the floor. Nationally prices average between 30 to 60 cents per sq.ft.
But in order to estimate the price you always need to consider many additional factors:
1) What is the size of the job (the bigger the job, the smaller the price per sq ft). If you need a cleaning company so strip/wax the floor in Temporary Floor Protection - A Product Guide Pleasant Hill MO 64080 your large building, you can expect lower prices per sq. ft. However if you are looking to strip and wax relatively small area, the prices can get higher. Also cleaning companies have minimum prices which are in the range of $ 150 – $ 200. So even if you need to have a floor cleaned only in one small restroom, you may be charged $ 150 – $ 200 for that. Make Pleasant Hill MO 64080 sure to find out what is the minimum charge before hiring commercial cleaning company.
2) Preparation time. When estimating the price cleaning companies consider how much time they need in order to prepare for the job. If the area is on the first floor it takes less time to bring the equipment there than bringing the equipment to the 10th floor. Also if the cleaners have to strip/wax the hallway that has carpet How to Determine the Pricing of Floor Stripping and Waxing Services Pleasant Hill MO 64080 on the sides, they need to tape off the carpeted area to make sure no solution ends up on the carpet. This requires additional time and brings the price of floor cleaning services up.
3) Travel distance. It’s preferred to hire local companies if you want to save on stripping/waxing services. The companies that are further may count the travel time and fuel expenses into the final price.
3) Wax buildup. When there is Pleasant Hill MO 64080 a lot of old wax on the floor cleaners may have to strip it a few times, therefore additional products and labor have to be used.
4) Moving furniture. If the cleaning company has to move the furniture (tables, chairs, mats etc) before/after the job, the price is usually higher up to 20 %.
5) Stripping and waxing baseboards. When you want a cleaning company to strip and wax baseboards it’s also reflected in Pleasant Hill MO 64080 the price which becomes higher.
6) Edge work. The more edges in the room, the more time the cleaning company has to spend using doodlebugs and scrapers in order to remove wax edges and corners and prices go up.
7) Number of finish coats. The more coats are put on the floor, the higher the price.
8) Type of floor (new/old). It’s usually easy to strip the new floor therefore the prices are lower for Pleasant Hill MO 64080 stripping new floor. Older floor may have been neglected or may have a lot of wax buildup on it and stripping it will require additional time. The price for stripping older floor may be higher.
9) Staining of the floor. If there are a lot of stains on the floor like rust or if there are a lot of deep scratches additional time is needed to scrape them off with scrapers. Additional detail Pleasant Hill MO 64080 cleaning will bring the price up.
10) Fixtures to work around. If there are a lot of fixtures that are staying in the room (refrigerators, furniture, equipment) during stripping/waxing, cleaning company will have to spend additional time working around them or moving them and the price may be higher.
11) Type of products used during stripping/waxing. Some cleaning companies may charge you less for floor stripping/waxing services, but it may be only because they Pleasant Hill MO 64080 use cheap products. But cheap products have a lot of downsides, cheap floor finishes tend to become yellow and wear off much faster. Another company may charge you a little more, but they may be using better products that maintain the appearance of your floor and last longer. So for example, you can pay one company $ 500 for the job, but because of their cheap products you will have to re-wax Pleasant Hill MO 64080 in 4 months. Another company may charge you $ 550, but because of good products you may not have to re-wax for 6 month instead of 4. Using the second company will be more cost efficient for you in the long run. Always find out what floor finishes are used for the job. Hillyard and Johnson floor finishes are the best floor finishes on the market these days.
12) Location of janitor closet. Pleasant Hill MO 64080 During the stripping/waxing job cleaning companies need to travel from their working area to the janitor closet very often in order to get water, empty wet vacuum etc. Where is the janitor closet located? If it’s far from the working area cleaners will spend a lot of time just moving back and forth and the prices may be higher.
13) Number of electric outlets in the floor. If there are a lot of Pleasant Hill MO 64080 electric outlets in the floor cleaners will need to tape them so the stripping solution/water doesn’t get there. It requires additional time and brings the prices up.
14) One time cleaning or service contract. If you are using the cleaning company for just a one-time cleaning, you may expect higher prices. However, if you have a maintenance contract (like buffing the floor once per month of scrubbing/recoating services once a quarter) you can Pleasant Hill MO 64080 ask for a discount. Also you can expect a discount if you are using a company that already provides commercial cleaning services to your building (example – regular janitorial services 3/5 days per week).
I hope that this article will help business owners to get an idea about the pricing of floor stripping and waxing services. Also I hope that new cleaning service companies will learn about what to look for when estimating Pleasant Hill MO 64080 a floor cleaning job.
This article is written by Terry Klymkiv, Account manager of Alpha Cleaning Company of Palatine, IL.